If you are reading this, I am hoping you are a bride or groom to be who is looking for a wedding photographer to capture you on your special day, you saw this blog about choosing a wedding photographer and thought this might help you.
There is 10s of thousands of professional wedding photographers and thousand more amateur photographers who would happily photograph your day. So why choose me when the photographer above me on the Google search does exactly the same as me? What have I got that makes me unique, and stand out from the crowd?
You would have read a lot of blogs, and articles in wedding magazines on how to choose the right photographer and what to look out for, which is great and I would recommend it.
Choosing a wedding photographer is a very personal decision, and I know that I am not the perfect choice for every couple. But hopefully with the list of reasons to choose me, I will be your perfect choice.
Well here are the 5 reasons why you should book me.
- You like my style of photography, and it fits into your style for your wedding. I put this as No.1, as I feel, this is one of the most important considerations. I like to combine the elegant and modern with a fashionable method to my wedding photography. From my portfolio, you can see that I love my images to feel fresh, light and very natural. I want your images to feel crisp and wonderfully captured. I want your images to stand the test of time, that you want to share with generation after generation.
- I am a very relaxed wedding photographer, who likes to go with the flow; I am not there to run your wedding. Wedding days are very stressful & hectic, and the last thing you need is a photographer adding to this stress. What I like to do firstly do is try and keep you relaxed and add a few laughs into the day. I have a documentary approach where being in the background and being un-intrusive is how is catch the fun, joy and emotions from you and your guests, but I also produce stunning portraits of you and the bridal party. This is where I might instruct you on where to stand and how to pose, but I am far from the control freak and demand you do “things my way or the highway”
- I do like a bit of cheese. As I said previously, I like to have a bit of fun and to make you feel easy. Even though my images are very light, natural and very much telling the story of the day, I do like a few of the cheesy, fun photos. We all know the worn-out, overused group shots that end up looking forced & corny and no one looks happy; well I like to put in a fun twist on them and add a bit of cheese.
- I have a great personality. Well, my family loves me. But seriously, the worse thing that could happen is that you don’t get on with your photographer and they don’t get on with you. Doesn’t matter how great the photographers are and how many years experience they have. If you don’t get on with them and you don’t build up a rapport with them before your wedding, the pictures are not going to come out well. I like to get to know my couple; I like to build a relationship with them. So when it comes to your big day, we are like old friends who understand how each other works and we can get along and enjoy your wedding. I know that sounds corny and fake, but it is true and the majority of the couples I have been fortunate enough to photograph, still friends. The best way to know whether or not you will like me as your photographer is to meet me in person. We can set up a coffee meet or go for a drink and figure out if you like my style and sense of humour. If you can’t meet me in person, I recommend either a Skype conversation or a phone call.
- Last but not least…I love photographing weddings. This reason sounds a bit selfish, but my love for photographing weddings is a major benefit to you as well. I genuinely love my job, and I believe this shows in both my attitude on your wedding day and in your wedding photos.
Well there is the list, I could add more, but I don’t want to bore you. But if you want to know more about me, then get in contact with me and let’s talk.